New Hampshire’s forests are a great place to relax and recreate. The best way to ensure an enjoyable experience is to observe a few safety measures.
Outdoor Safety Tips
· If you hike, ride, hunt or fish alone, let somebody know where you will be.
· Familiarize yourself with the area you will be using, and know the activities which occur there.
· Drink plenty of water.
· Beware of any poisonous plants that may occur in the area (poison ivy or poison sumac)
· Dress appropriately and be prepared for any sudden changes in the weather.
· Wear bright clothing during hunting season to increase your visibility. Avoid wearing gray, brown, tan or white.
· If you see someone hunting, call out to them to identify your location.
· Peak hunting occurs in early morning and late afternoon, primarily during the months of October through December.
For more information on outdoor safety visit the following sites: